2023-2024 Confirmation Info
For the 2023/2024 year, students entering grades 9 and 10 are eligilble for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Please seed the letter below if you are interested in celebrating Confirmation with our 2023/2024 Blessed Sacrament Class
Confirmation may seem very distant right now, but plans for this significant step in your faith journey will soon begin. If you are planning to celebrate your Confirmation this coming spring then you and a parent must attend an Orientation Meeting on Sunday, September 10th at 10:00AM in the school cafeteria. Attendance at this Orientation Meeting is vital in order to be considered a candidate for Confirmation. If you cannot make this meeting, please email me as soon as possible.
Confirmation Preparation will consist of:
- Whole-group sessions that will take place during the normal Religious Education timeslot (Sundays 9:30am-10:50am)
- Parish/Community Service performed as a group and individually.
- An interview with our parish clergy
- A mandatory retreat. This year we will participate in the Diocesan Confirmation retreat. This retreat will occur Saturday, October 14th at Mercyhurst University from 8am-5:30pm. More information will be sent closer to the date.
- Liturgical Rites/Ceremonies
Each of these areas will be discussed in detail at orientation and more information will be made available, including the most up-to-date schedule. Confirmation preparation is going to look a little bit different this year than in the past, but we will work through those obstacles together.
If you are planning to celebrate Confirmation with us, please fill out this online registration form before September 18st: https://forms.gle/Kh8WVw6ACk9cLTQg7
There is a $85.00* class fee which covers all materials and the retreat.
I sincerely hope that you make the decision to join the upcoming Confirmation Class. While you make that decision, keep in mind that this will require serious commitment from you. Each session is carefully designed to build on previous sessions. Because these classes have been condensed and accelerated in respect of your schedules, each will be considered mandatory. You will be given a calendar at the orientation meeting so that you can plan accordingly. Yes, some small sacrifices may have to be made in order to stick to your commitment to this program, yet; I assure you that it will be all worth it in the end.
Please come to the meeting with the following:
- Your baptismal certificate if you were NOT baptized at Blessed Sacrament.
- Class fee (If not paid online)
- Any questions/concerns you have for the upcoming year
Please feel free to reach out via email with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to meeting you on September 10th.
In Him through Her,
Director of Religious Education